Hi guys, it seems like it has been a long wait for the Outlander season finale (which hits my screen as I am in the UK tomorrow). This season has been full of drama and strife but I will get into all that when I do the season wrap, will we ever see Roger and Brianna anyone? I have my fingers crossed for the finale…
For now, this is the Outlander book tag originally created by Sasha from abookutopia so let’s get into it!
1.You touch some standing stones and get transported back in time, what year would you hope to land in?
This is a difficult one because history tells us the past hasn’t been so kind to women but the clothes, they were fabulous if not slightly oppressive. So if I was like Claire and had some standing stones and I knew I could travel back through the other way AKA home, back to a tooth brush, the internet, my hair straighteners, then I would give the 1920’s a try, it looks fun, the clothes were cool and things were on the look up for us ladies.
2. Claire is a very good nurse, what type of skill would you want to have that a fictional character excels at?
It would be cool to have some super sassy fighting skills!
3. Jamie and Claire are ultimate relationship goals, who is your favourite fictional couple?
I have been reading further on in the Outlander series and Roger and Brianna are pretty cute also who can forget about Elizabeth Bennett and Mr Darcy?
4. The ending of Outlander was shocking, what is one book you read that totally blew your mind?
Labyrinth by Kate Mosse.
5. Scotland has lots of castles and we see quite a few in Outlander, what fictional kingdom would you want as your own (castle included)?
Westeros from A Song of Fire and Ice by George RR Martin as long as I don’t have to live there, because no sane person would want to live in Westeros would they?
6. Outlander has some very steamy scenes, what is your favourite romance novel?
On The Island by Tracey Garvis Graves such a weepy and perfect for summer!
7. The Jacobite Rising is a huge plot point in the Outlander series, what book has your favourite battle in it?
The whole of the Mortal Instruments series is chock full of great battle scenes that’s what you get with Shadowhunters I guess?
8. Jamie and Claire get married very unexpectedly, what fictional character would you want to marry on a whim?
Will Herondale hands down.. or Jem, or Will oh to be Tessa Grey…
9. Scotland is a beautiful place, what is one fictional world you would love to visit?
The Wizarding World is wayyyy up there, also Narnia so a close second.
10. If you could change the past, would you?
It’s tempting isn’t it to go back fix your past mistakes bit I don’t think you can ever go back. The present makes us who we are and to go back and erase that would be to erase part of our selves.
Lauren@ Comma Hangover
Safa @Books Over People
I hope you enjoyed the Outlander book tag, Happy reading everyone!
Come Find Me